Clashes in Nablus in support of prisoners continue for the 3rd day

NABLUS, RAFAH, GAZA, (PIC)-- Clashes erupted on Wednesday afternoon between Palestinians and Israeli forces at the southern entrance to the city of Nablus in the northern West Bank, near the Hawara military checkpoint.
Eyewitnesses reported that dozens of Palestinian youths and school students staged a march towards al-Quds Street, in the south of Nablus, then close it and set fire to tires. The clashes erupted afterwards at the Hawara checkpoint, near the street.
The witnesses added that the occupation soldiers fired rubber bullets and tear gas and stun grenades towards the young men and Palestinian boys, causing a number of them to suffocate.
Different areas in the West Bank have been witnessing, for the third consecutive day, clashes between Palestinians and occupation forces, especially in points of contact at the entrances to Palestinian cities, in protest against the Israeli ongoing violations against the prisoners and in solidarity with the hunger strikers who have been suffering seriously deterioration in their health amid occupation refusal to release them.
Other confrontations took place in Qusra village near the city of Nablus following the demolition of an electricity network.
The Israeli soldiers fired rubber bullets and tear gas and stun grenades at the protestors and eight citizens were wounded and taken to the hospital for treatment.
Abdel Azim Wadi, head of the village council in Qusra, pointed that an Israeli military force, accompanied by bulldozers, demolished an electricity network, in the south-eastern area in the village that supplies dozens of houses, under the pretext that it is set up in an area under the Israeli control.
Meanwhile, Hundreds of Palestinians demonstrated in the southern Gaza Strip on Wednesday in solidarity with Palestinian prisoners on hunger strike in Israeli jails.
The demonstrators raised photos of hunger striking prisoners in al-Awda Square in the town of Rafah on the border with Egypt, and urged the international community and its institutions to act in order to save the prisoners' lives.
Mohammed Muammar, head of the National Assembly for Democracy and Law, asserted that these activities will not stop as long as the Israeli authorities ignore the rights of prisoners and keeps holding them without legal justification.
Tawfiq Abu Naim, head of the Association of Detainees and Ex-detainees, called on the Arab Republic of Egypt to put pressure on the Israeli occupation to oblige it to implement the terms of the agreement signed between the captive movement leadership and the Prison Service administration after the empty stomachs battle.
He said in a statement to PIC's reporter on Wednesday that the occupation did not end the policy of solitary confinement, as it was agreed upon, pointing out that the captives Awad Al-Saidi and Dirar Abu Sisi are still held in solitary confinement.
The liberated prisoner demanded pressing the occupation authorities to release captive Abu Sisi who had been kidnapped from Ukraine with no charge.


Kontak Gema Dakwah :

Lebih baru Lebih lama